Review-Monday: Altered

Krisi Schoellkopf | Montag, 6. Juni 2016 |
Review-Monday: Altered


Happy Monday, everybody!
Today I´m going to review a book I love unconditonally! I had so much fun reading it that I couldn´t wait for the other two books of the series to be published.
Have fun reading this week´s review and I hope you´ll be all over it yourselves.
Lots of love,
Krisi


Title: Altered
Author: Jennifer Rush
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Genre: Young-Adult, Fantasy
Published on: 3 December 2013
Pages: 352
Price: 9,46 Euros (Paperback), 16,35 Euros (Hardcover), 5,99 Euros (e-Book)



Blurb

They were made to forget. But they'll never forgive.

Everything about Anna's life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch, at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There's Nick, solemn and brooding; Cas, light-hearted and playful; Trev, smart and caring; and Sam . . . who's stolen Anna's heart.

When the Branch decides it's time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape. Anna's father pushes her to go with them, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs

On the run, with her father's warning in her head, Anna begins to doubt everything she thought she knew about herself. She soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they're both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
(amazon)


My thoughts

I love reading all kinds of book recommendations and reviews, so one day, about a year ago, I stumbled upon a recommendation by an American book blogger who was all over Jennifer Rush´s first novel "Altered".
When I read the blurb for the very first time I knew I had to read it, so I did.

The cover... Well what is there to say? A good-looking guy, shirtless...

The story is quite complicated but I´ll try my best to explain it to you. Anna loves her dad more than anything, but she has no idea that her whole life is a bunch of lies. Her father works for "The Branch" that keeps four teenage boys captive in cages to find a treatment for their "amnesia". But these boys are not only guinea pigs to her. She gets to love one of them and care a great deal for the others. When everything falls apart, Anna has to decide whom to believe and what to do about the future she´s been given. 

This book is magical because of its vivid and authentic characters. 
I´ve hardly ever been more in love with protagonists from page one. Especially Trev has stolen my heart. 

Jennifer Rush´s style of writing is remarkable. It´s captivating, Everyday- English but not too colloquial. I loved reading her books because I felt like floating through them. 

"The Altered Series" is unique and I think it is one of the best series I have ever read. I highly recommend it because it´s full of Fantasy, shocking reality and a research company without any scruples.


Rating

Altered is special in a way that is hard to describe. It combines all kinds of genres and it makes you smile, laugh, cry, yell and freak out at the same time.
I can only award it with:









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen