Review-Monday: Paper Towns

Krisi Schoellkopf | Montag, 13. Juni 2016 |
Review-Monday: Paper Towns


Hello everybody,
I hope you have a nice start of the week! Today I want to write about a book and an author I adore. You can find all kinds of reviews about this book, going from "The most horrible book ever" to "This book has changed my life".
Have fun reading my review and please let me know what you think. :)
Lots of love,
Krisi




Title:  Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Published by: Bloomsbury UK
Genre: Young-Adult
Published in: 2008
Pages: 320
Price: 6,10 Euros (Paperback), 16,70 (Special Edition), 4,81 Euros (e-Book)





Blurb

Quentin Jacobson has always loved Margo from afar. So when she climbs through his window to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow. But the next morning, Q turns up at school and Margo doesn´t. She´s left clues to her disappearance, like a trail of breadcrumbs for Q to follow.
And everything leads to one unavoidable question: Who is the real Margo?


About the author:

John Green is the New York Times bestselling author of Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars. He is also the co-author, with David Levithan, of Will Grayson, Will Grayson. He was the 2006 recipient of the Michael L. Printz Award, a 2009 Edgar Award winner and has twice been a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. Green's books have been published in more than a dozen languages.
(amazon)

My thoughts
The first book I read by John Green, was "The fault in our stars" and just a few days after finishing it, I decided to go for the next John Green book: Paper Towns.
I love the cover. You can see a city made of paper in the middle of the cover. It seems to be floating in the universe and it makes me think about the world and the importance of a single city in the always spinning world...
It´s hard to describe the plot of "Paper Towns". Quentin is a normal teenage guy with normal teenage problems, but his neighbour, Margo Roth Spiegelman, is different. She sees the world with her own eyes and she acts without regard to what other people say about her. After a night spent together, Margo vanishes into thin air. Quentin is worried and won´t stop following the clues she left behind. But where are they going to lead him?
To be honest, Margo is quite a character and I think she´s not a person I´d get along with pretty well. But Quentin on the other hand, is the guy you dream about at night. He is willing to do anything to find the girl of his dreams and let´s face it, who wouldn´t want to be saved by a guy like him?
I adore John Green for his talent when it comes to writing. He has his very own style of putting his thoughts into words that makes me want to cry and never stop. "Paper towns" is full of remarkable quotes, some will stick with me all my life, I guess:
“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”
“What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”
“At some point, you gotta stop looking up at the sky, or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you floated away, too.” 
This book is not for you if you find no pleasure in reading between the lines. You need your imagination and basically, all you have, to make the most of this book. These quotes and the life lessons will help me find the right path in life, I guess and I can´t say that about many books.

Rating
I´m not saying that this book is for everybody. But maybe, you, yes, you reading this, are the person this book was written for and maybe you´ll find comfort and guidance in this book, just the way I did. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen