Review-Monday: After You

Krisi Schoellkopf | Montag, 4. Juli 2016 |

Have a great Monday, everybody!
Today I want to review a book that surprised me on a whole new level. 
Why? Just keep reading :-)
Lots of love,
Krisi
PS: Don´t forget: "Me Before You" is in theatres at the moment and you can trust me on that: It´s one of the best movie adaptations of a book ever!



Title: After You
Author: Jojo Moyes
Published by: Michael Joseph
Genre: Romance
Published on: 24 September 2015
Pages: 416
Price: 13,95 Euro (Paperback), 6,99 Euro (e-Book)
Get the book here
Read my review of "Me Before You" here (German version)



Blurb

Lou Clark has lots of questions. Like how it is she's ended up working in an airport bar, spending every shift watching other people jet off to new places. Or why the flat she's owned for a year still doesn't feel like home. Whether her close-knit family can forgive her for what she did eighteen months ago. And will she ever get over the love of her life. What Lou does know for certain is that something has to change. Then, one night, it does. But does the stranger on her doorstep hold the answers Lou is searching for - or just more questions? Close the door and life continues: simple, ordered, safe. Open it and she risks everything. But Lou once made a promise to live. And if she's going to keep it, she has to invite them in . . .'A tender, funny and hopeful look at love, grief and life. Bumper box of tissues required' Stylist (Amazon)




My thoughts

I went to London last September and, as usual, I entered `Waterstones` as soon as I arrived. I went to Greenwich because I love the branch of Waterstones there. If you ever have the chance, go to this very book store, it won´t fail to amaze you.
When I picked up `After You`, I wasn´t sure, whether it was a good idea to read the sequel to the book ´Me Before You´ because I couldn´t imagine how someone could possibly write a readable sequel to such a disastrous ending. But I´m curious by nature, so I grabbed a copy and started reading this very day, in the middle of London. <3

I don´t want to give away too much but I guess, a couple of things won´t hurt anybody. Lou Clarke promised Will that she´d live boldly without thinking about the consequences or limits. Now she works in a bar at an airport in London and her life is as dull as it could ever be. But suddenly an accident seems to change everything and a girl on her doorstep makes Lou realize that she won´t be able to curl up into a ball for the rest of her life, but fight for her dreams and future. A future she will not have the chance to spend with Will. But nevertheless, life is adventurous... unpredictable and up to the decisions you make.

I love Lou! She is such a loveable character and, to be honest, I love her style when it comes to fashion. She is a very dynamic and authentic character because she is not a superwoman. She suffers, she cries, she gets angry, she makes mistakes... but in the end she gets back up on her feet and that´s why I consider her to be quite an inspiration to all the women in this whole wide world.
The other characters, I don´t want to give away their names ;-), are as vivid and ´real`as they could ever be.

I adore Jojo Moyes for her style of writing. I love the way she engages in this very personal way of telling this heart warming story. You need to experience it yourself, so go and grab a copy!!

As I´ve already mentioned, I was very sceptical when it came to the sequel of `Me Before You´. Maybe it´s my lack of imagination but I had no bloody clue how Lou´s story (without including Will!) could develop into something I´d want to read. But when I finished the book I felt like being dragged out of a very moving and unexpected day dream. Believe me, this story will make your heart melt and make you swoon over for the rest of your life.



Rating

"After You" is a must-read. You won´t be able to put it down, no matter what! That´s why there´s only one amount of book worms I could possibly award this book with:





About the author

Jojo Moyes was born in 1969 and grew up in London. After a varied career including stints as a minicab controller, typer of braille statements for blind people for NatWest, and brochure writer for Club 18-30, she did a degree at Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, London University. In 1992, she won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to attend the postgraduate newspaper journalism course at City University.Jojo worked as a journalist for ten years, including a year at South China Morning Post in Hong Kong, and nine at The Independent where she worked variously as News Reporter, Assistant News Editor and Arts and Media Correspondent.Jojo has been a full time novelist since 2002, when her first book, Sheltering Rain was published. Since then she has written a further eleven novels, all of which have been widely critically acclaimed.Jojo has won the Romantic Novelist’s Award twice, and Me Before You has been nominated for Book of the Year at the UK Galaxy Book Awards. Me Before You has since gone on to sell over 8 million copies worldwide.The film adaptation of Me Before You starring Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games) and Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) was released in June 2016 and was a huge box-office success. The screenplay was written by Jojo. For more information about all of Jojo’s novels, please visit the books page here. Jojo lives (and writes!) on a farm in Essex, England with her husband, journalist Charles Arthur, and their three children. (Jojomoyes.com)


Krisi ❤

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen