Short & Sweet: The Girl With All The Gifts (English)

Krisi Schoellkopf | Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017 |




Title: The Girl With All The Gifts
Author: M. R. Carey
Publishing House: Orbit
Genre: Thriller, Apocalyptic Novel
Publishing Date: 19 June 2014
Seitenzahl: 461
Price: 8,99 Euro (Paperback), 6,99 Euro (e-Book)
Get the book here



Blurb

The phenomenal word-of-mouth bestseller THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS is now a major film starring Glenn Close, Gemma Arterton and Paddy Considine.


NOT EVERY GIFT IS A BLESSING
Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class.
When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite. But they don't laugh.
Melanie is a very special girl. 
Emotionally charged and gripping from beginning to end, THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS is the most powerful and affecting thriller you will read this year.

(Amazon)




My opinion

I wanted this book to be my first in 2017 because it sounded thrilling as well as extraordinary. I love reading books that don't seem to belong in any genre. Is this an apocalyptic novel? A thriller? To be honest, I can't tell, but I know that this book is not an ordinary one.
The beginning was by far the best part, if you ask me, because I very much liked the way the author introduced the reader to this new world and its inhabitants. Convincing characters that are part of a story which is beautifully told - There's not too much to be said because I don't want to ruin your own reading experience but I'm a huge fan of M. R. Carey and I honestly can't wait for another masterpiece of his!





Rating





Krisi ❤















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen